Tuesday, September 22, 2015

[Log] Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft Heroes - Part 1

September 12. 2015 to September 21, 2015 -  Wrapping up on the Battle Masters Knights, I started work on the heroes from the Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft board game. I play this cooperative board game with my nephews and nieces. This past Friday was my nephew's birthday, so I decided to paint the miniature he uses the most, Arjhan, first.
From left to right: Thorgrim Dwarf Cleric; Allisa, Human Ranger;
Arjhan, Dragonborn Fighter; Kat, Human Rogue; amd Immeril, Eladrin Wizard

Day 1 to 3 Preparation

Arjhan's axe handle was curved since I purchase the boxed set. It seems to be common problem based on images on the web. I tried to straighten it using the hot water/cold water method, but the axe handle seems to always bend back to how I got the miniature. So I cut where the handle was attached to the base, in hopes that was the source of the problem. I gave the figure a black gesso undercoat.

Day 4 to 7 Painting

Arjhan's axe handle still had a tendency to be curved.  I tried to alleviate this by placing a large rock made with green stuff in front of the handle. Arjhan's feet appears to be on top of the rock. This helped a little bit in keeping the handle slightly straight. .
Arjhan with the basecoats painted.
I finished painting the Dragonborn in time for my nephew's birthday including having the base sanded and painted.

Day 8 to 9 Finishing

After adding the gloss then matte varnish, I put some static grass completing Arjhan, Dragonborn Fighter.
Arjhan completed!
This week I have divided my attention to the Ravenloft adventurers and the Battle Masters Mighty Cannon. Amongst the remaining Ravenloft miniatures, Allisa, Human Ranger will be painted first since my second nephew uses her in our games.

Next Log Entry - [Log] Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft Heroes - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment