Tuesday, October 6, 2015

[Log] Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft Heroes - Part 2

September 22, 2015 to October 5, 2015 - Continuing on with the heroes from Ravenloft, I decided to paint half of the remaining heroes with the usual black gesso; and the other half with the newly purchased white gesso. Overall, I found the black gesso covers better than the white one. I am not sure if this is due to different brand or that black medium tends to have better coverage than white. It is definitely a lot easier to see the model details with a white undercoat. In the past two weeks, I finished painting Allisa, Human Ranger, and started painting the other three heroes.

Allisa was the fourth and last member of the party in our Ravenloft games. So I painted her before the other three heroes. I tried to paint them in a similar theme as in the illustration on the cards. With Allisa that would be green. Above is Allisa with the first coat of paints.

Here is Allisa when finished. From a normal distance, I am pretty satisfied with how the miniature look. But at a close inspection, the paint strokes and mishaps are very evident. Especially in the face where the paint looks very rough. Lucky for me, its not something noticeable from a gaming distance...but still something I want to improve on.
Next up was Thorgrim, Dwarf Cleric. I got the base colors on, but I am not sure what to do with the robe of the cleric. Since I am not very satisfied with the blue and am trying to paint them to be thematically similar to their illustrations, I went over the robe with Tau Sept Ochre.  I will need to make the hair and cloak different enough that they do not blend into each other.
I also started painting Kat, Human Rogue, and Immeril, Eladrin Wizard.  The goal is to paint Kat mostly in black and grey while Immeril will be painted in Purple and Blue. Hopefully, I will finish these three heroes within two weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment