Saturday, August 13, 2016

[Archives] Empire Captain with Sword and Orc Head

Empire Captain with Sword and Orc Head, Empire Duelist with Sword, Empire Duelist with Brace of Pistols, and Empire Captain with Hammer and Pistol are the last batch of miniatures I painted before starting this blog in 2015. These four metal miniatures were painted to be used as part of a Reikland mercenary warband for the Mordheim skirmish game. Not only was he used as a Reikland Champion, he was also used as a Empire Captain in Warhammer Fantasy. Except for the sculpted blood, I really liked this characterful model. I think it is that pose of him wiping his blade after lopping off the head of an Orc!

Notes: The original binders notes are on page 38.  The record for the work I did on both this model and the Empire Captain with Hammer and Pistol were poorly kept as I was preoccupied finding a new place to live at that time. For the model, I tried to keep the red and white color theme of the Empire that I had started with the Battle Master Empire infantry; however, since he is going to be a captain in the army, I wanted to give him some unique color to separate him from the regular troops. This turn out to be a light brown boots and hat compared to the deeper brown boots of the regular troops. I stained the sword's "Sigmar" engraving with a red wash, not entirely sure if I wanted it to be either a magic sword with a slightly red shine or blood soaked inside the engravings. Even though I did not paint the eyes, the shading seems to be good enough to give the impression of his eyes looking downward at his sword.

Basic Information

Models: Empire Captain with Sword and Orc Head (Games Workshop)
Quantity and Material:1 metal model
Usage: Champion (Mordheim); Empire Captain (Warhammer Fantasy)
Started work on the Models: March 2, 2011
Completed Models: July 9, 2011 (estimate)
UndercoatBlack Gesso

Paint Scheme

The paint scheme is not complete, only listing the first layer of paint I applied. While I can make fairly good guesses of what paints I used, I will leave it as I had recorded 5 years ago. I rather have incomplete information over inaccurate information listed.
  • Head
    • Face - Tallarn Flesh
    • Headband (Metal) - Boltgun Metal
    • Hat (brown, leather) - Khemri Brown
    • Feathers - (top) Mechrite Red; (bottom) Astronomicon Grey
  • Torso
    • Neck Guard - Boltgun Metal
    • Chest Plate - Boltgun Metal
    • Clothed Upper Arms - some portions painted Mechrite Red, other portions painted Astronomicon Grey
    • Hands - Tallarn Flesh
    • Shield Decor - Boltgun Metal
  • Legs
    • Pants - most ly Astronomicon Grey. small portions with Mechrite Red
    • Boots - Khemri Brown
    • Ribbon -  Mechrite Red
  • Shield - Mechrite Red
    • Emblem - Astronomicon Gre
  • Sword - Boltgun Metal
    • Hilt - Tin Bitz
    • Handle - Tin Bitz
    • Cloth - Astronomicon Grey
    • Blood - Mechrite Red
  • Orc Head - Orchide Shade
    • Teeth - Astronomicon Grey
    • Eyes - Mechrite Red

No comments:

Post a Comment