Saturday, August 13, 2016

[Archives] Empire Captain with Hammer and Pistol

Empire Captain with Hammer and Pistol, Empire Duelist with Sword, Empire Duelist with Brace of Pistols, and Empire Captain with Sword and Orc Head are the last batch of miniatures I painted before starting this blog in 2015. These four metal miniatures were painted to be used as part of a Reikland mercenary warband for the Mordheim skirmish game. This model was used both as a Reikland Captain in Mordheim and as an Empire general/captain for Warhammer Fantasy Battle. The giant hammer, cloak, ornate armor. plus the grizzled bearded face gives the impression of a high ranking veteran soldier. A perfect model for leading an Empire army.

Notes: The original binders notes are on page 39. The record for the work I did on both this model and the Empire Captain with Sword and Orc Head were poorly kept as I was preoccupied finding a new place to live at that time. Like all the other models I painted for an Empire army, I kept the red and white color theme as the main emphasis on the model. I did not paint in his eyes, but with how the helmet gives a natural shadow over the eyes, it does not look too bad; however, looking it up close...painting eyes will be one of my main areas I want to improve on.

Basic Information

Models: Empire Captain with Hammer and Pistol (Games Workshop)
Quantity and Material: 1 metal model
Usage: Champion (Mordheim); Empire General (Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar)
Started work on the Models: March 2, 2011
Completed Models: July 9, 2011 (estimate)
UndercoatBlack Gesso

Paint Scheme

The paint scheme is not complete, only listing the first layer of paint I applied. While I can make fairly good guesses of what paints I used, I will leave it as I had recorded 5 years ago. I rather have incomplete information over inaccurate information listed.
  • Head
    • Face -Tallarn Flesh
    • Facial Hair - Calthan Brown
    • Helmet - Boltgun Metal
    • Knives - Boltgun Metal
    • Ribbons - some portions Mechrite Red, other portions Astronomicon Grey
    • Feathers - (large) Astronomicon Grey, (small) Mechrite Red
  • Torso
    • Full Plate Armor - Boltgun Metal
    • Clothed Armssome portions Mechrite Red, other portions Astronomicon Grey
    • Bare Hands - Tallarn Flesh
    • Shield Decor - Boltgun Metal
    • Metal Accessories - Boltgun Metal
  • Legs
    • Pants - some portions Mechrite Red, other portions Astronomicon Grey 
    • Boots - Chaos Black 
    • Skill Decors - Astronomicon Grey
    • Ribbons - (right) Mechrite Red; (left) Astronomicon Grey
  • Cloak - Astronomicon Grey
    • Outline - Mechrite Red
    • Decoration - Iyanden Darksun
  • Hammer - Boltgun Metal
    • Handle - Tin Bitz
  • Pistol - Boltgun Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment