Tuesday, February 23, 2016

[Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 3

February 1, 2016 to February 19, 2016 - Since the last update, I have added shading and highlights to all the chaos archers' attire. I then focused on each archer's skin and hair individually, completing the skin of 5 archers. Having so much of their skin exposed, the archers allowed me to better study and practice painting a wide range of skin color.
Archers placed from dark skin color to light skin color

Some quick notes for each individual archer. Full Beard was given a dark brown skin tone using a black wash over a brown base coat. I painted him to have many grey hairs throughout the black hair, trying to give him the appearance of an older warrior.


For Medium Hair I tried t paint a lighter brown skin color. Like Full Beard, Medium Hair was given a brown base coat for his skin; however, instead of a black wash Medium Hair was given a reddish wash. I still want to put some more color or highlights in thee archer's black hair. For him I decided to add some brown color .


Long Beard was given a medium skin color. For his black hair, I wanted to give him some vivid grey streaks of hair near the temples, while maintaining the rest of his hair to be mostly black hair.


A reason I converted 9 of the 10 archers is because I did not care too much for the original Mohawk appearance. However, now that he is fully painted and to my surprise, the Mohawk model isn't that bad. I still would not want the entire unit of Chaos Archers to have the same exact hair style.


Short Hair was painted to have a very light skin color and blond hair.

Next log entry for Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction should have the remaining five Chaos Archers completed.

Previous Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 2
Next Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment