Sunday, February 28, 2016

[Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 4

February 20th, 2016 to February 25th, 2016 - This past weekend I finished painting the remaining Chaos Archers--the champion and 4 individuals each wearing attire showing their devotion or infinity to different Chaos Gods. With the first batch of archers, I varied skin color with mostly brown to yellow flesh tones. This second batch, I tried varying skin color with mostly reddish skin tones. Overall, I am pretty happy with how the figures turned out. I had ten identical figures and was able to make each one a little bit different through sculpting and paint scheme. I definitely see many areas I can try to improve on,  Two of these areas I will paid extra attention to is: 1) Have more patience and pay attention to details when sculpting putty onto a figure; 2) Work on greater details on the face, for example. better eyes and adding eyebrows.
Finished painting!

Spartan is the champion or leader of the unit. Instead of chopping off the mohawk of the figure, I used the mohawk as the ornament for the sculpted helmet. Added the cloak to make him more unique than the other 9 archers.

Ponytail is the least successful conversion and paint job (the hair) done with the unit. I just added more putty for its hair, but did not spent the time to make it appear more natural.

It is hard to see, but for Hairy's hair I went with subtle blue highlights, whereas for the other black-haired figures, I went with brown or gray highlights.

For Scalp I wanted to paint his skin to have a fairly strong red tone to it. A portion of his hair, not visible in the picture below, was given a purple (more red than blue) coloring.

Small Beard was given a rather light skin tone.

Next up is to complete the bases and to seal the models. After that, I will focus on the next Battle Masters model--the Ogre Champion.

Previous Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 3
Next Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment