Monday, February 1, 2016

[Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 2

January 4, 2016 to January 31. 2016 - Since the first log entry on these archers, I have added magnet strips underneath the base, sculpted more fur on the Champion's cloak, undercoated them with black gesso and applied the first layer of paint on the miniatures. Except for the hair, everything have a base coat. In addition, the eyes were painted. Painting the eyes was when I decided to get new brushes.

I differentiate the miniatures not only by hair sculpt and skin color, but also by the color of the shoulder armor and arm braces. I decided to paint one model each to represent a follower of a specific Chaos God. The rest of the archers either have a muted grey or brown colored outfit.

Ponytail is wearing blue apparels to represent Tzeentch (left) and Scalp is painted in a purple color scheme to represent a devotee of Slaanesh (right).
Small Beard is painted in a green color scheme as a follower of Nurgle (left) and Hairy is wearing red clothing to symbolize Khorne (right).
Finally a gray and brown color scheme for the remaining Chaos Archers. The examples above are Long Beard (left) and Mohawk (right), respectively.

While I am trying to paint the models to be cohesive as one unit, I also want to make each model slightly unique. It's more difficult to paint them in an assembly line fashion. I have a goal to paint lots of miniatures, but I don't want to miss out the opportunity to increase the variety whenever possible. I will likely work on each model on a one by one basis.

Previous Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 1
Next Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment