Sunday, January 3, 2016

[Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 1

October 21, 2015 to January 3. 2016 - Now that I have finished painting the miniatures for the Battle Master's Imperial army, it is time for me to start the log for the Chaos side. The Battle Masters' Chaos Army have 60 miniatures. The models can be used for 4 different Warhammer Fantasy armies or for 2 Grand Alliances in Age of Sigmar--Chaos and Destruction. I will be working on the Chaos Archers first.  A theme for these Chaos Archers is that the unit consists of men from all different parts of the world.
I actually started work on these models on October 21st. There was a long delay before I restarted work on them on January 2nd. I did not like the mohawk hair style of these models, so I used these models as an opportunity to practice using putty on the miniatures, The goal is to make each one of them slightly different which is done mostly with the hair on face and head. I will also try to vary their skin color from very dark to light..

I clipped off 8 of the archers' mohawks and will be leaving one of the models as is. At first, I used Milliput to sculpt hair on the face and head. The long hardening time and softness made initial sculpting of hair more difficult compare to using Milliput for the entire torso and legs of a model. For the remaining models, I decided to use Green Stuff putty for sculpting. Fairly rough sculpting with the putty! Need more practice to get better, but I do like how each archer looks fairly different from each other.
Here is a picture of a Green stuff model next tot the Milliput models and an untouched model. From left tor right the models are nicknamed Full Beard, Spartan, Medium Hair, and Mohawk. Spartan represents the champion or leader of the unit so I gave him a cloak and helmet. The Mohawk model stylized his hair to imitate the champion's helmet!
From left to right, the models are Long Beard, Scalp, and Short Hair. I like how Long Beard turned out. Scalp have half of his head shaved while the other half of the head have long hair. Kind of hard to see in this picture.
From left to right, the models are Small Beard, Ponytail, and Hairy. For Ponytail, I tried to make his hair gathered in a ponytail, and have it flowing in different directions. However, it was more difficult than I expected and it did not turned out very well.

Next thing I will work on is magnetizing the bases and thinking of color schemes.

Next Log Entry - [Log] Battle Masters Chaos and Destruction - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment