Saturday, October 29, 2016

[Log] Dragon Tides - Overview


To be very honest, I did not have much interest in the Dragon Tides game. I specifically purchase this game to get the Bruce Lee figure for Yashima. Since I have the Yashima cards for Bruce Lee, I thought I might as well get the figure for him instead of using the cardboard token. Like Yashima, the figures are larger than most of the 28-35 mm scale miniatures I have. Strangely, the Dragon Tides figures are slightly smaller than the Yashima miniatures. I do have some interest to get the henchmen models (not made yet from what I can tell) to replace the tokens, but seeing how the kickstarter of this project is not running too well, I am leaning toward not collecting any more models for this game. It all depends on whether my family enjoys playing this game or not. There is a total of 8 figures (4 dragons, 2 mini-bosses, and 2 bosses based on the scripts in the game) in the core box game:
Unlike Yashima in the green colored plastic, the Dragon Tides model are slightly smaller in scale and in a white color.

Bruce Lee
Brandon Lee
Luke Elba
Viktoria Jovovich
Tiger Ip
Train Wong
Goliath
Ivan Castle

After finishing painting some miniatures I have worked on for a while now, I think I will work on these miniatures next.

Update: November 3, 2016. I decided to use either Reaper Chronoscope miniature line or Knight Models Batman Miniature Game henchmen to represent the thugs and guards in Dragon Tides.

No comments:

Post a Comment