Sunday, December 31, 2017

My Hobby and Blog in December 2017

The last month of 2017. A look back at what has been accomplished (not as much as I would like!) and a look forward to 2018. In 2017, I experimented more on creating scenery, accessories, and storage than on painting miniatures. I am expecting some additional hobby material next year that I believe will make painting miniatures more comfortable.

The celebration of Reaper's 25th Anniversary was a popular event for me. Reaper continues this for 2018 with Dungeon Dwellers. Like the 25th Anniversary, every month will feature a new model that customers can get for free for purchasing a certain amount on their webstore. The only difference is that these new figures are not a one time release.

2017 is marked with fulfillment of a couple of Kickstarters that I backed. Rum & Bones: Second Tide fulfilled completely. I saw some additional fulfilment for my very first Kickstarter: Infinity RPG. That one will take a while to be completely fulfilled. Two Kickstarters from Ninja Division were partially fulfilled, Rail Raiders Infinite and Way of the Fighter. Here is hope both of those pledges will be completed next year. Mythic Battles Pantheon is on track to be delivered completely in early 2018. This is mostly with the company needing to deliver the entire pledge as multiple packages. I also came to accept my first Kickstarter campaign that was a failure of the company to fulfill the pledges.

2018 is a year that I anticipate majority of the Kickstarter projects that I backed will be delivered. Blackwater Gulch, SMOG Rise of Moloch, Rising Sun, and the Hobby Holder are expected to be shipped completely early next year. Super Dungeon Legends, Relic Knights, Siege of the Citadel, The Other Side, Terrain Crate are projects I hope will have some of the products fulfilled next year.

2018 is a year of expansions for two games I am excited for that were released in 2017: Warhammer Underworlds and Aristeia! These expansions should round out those two games with more warbands or contestants in the future.

To the first miniature company that I grew up with, I am thrill to see the reveal of the third Greater Daemon of Chaos model. Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle now have a plastic version of these iconic monsters. What remains is Slaanesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment