Saturday, November 25, 2017

[Log] Aristeia! - Overview

The eight characters from the Aristeia! core box
Aristeia! is a board game released in November 2017 that I hope to completely paint the miniatures as new content is released. There are 8 miniatures in the core game and there will be an additional 16 characters through four expansions in 2018. The first expansion is called Soldiers of Fortune and the second expansion is called Smokes & Mirrors. There will also be alternative metal versions of the characters to be sold in blister packs. These are described as skins for the characters like online games calling different outfits of a character. Maximus gets a gladiator outfit with an expected release in January 2018.


The Plan

Like Underworlds. these are a priority to paint first. Painting schemes will be based on the game illustrations. Miyamoto sculpted figure is the least like the illustration - spcifically the facial hair and hair style. If I am up to the challenge, I might try to convert the head to be more like the illustration.

For the miniature bases, I have decided to go with a hexagon tiles. I am deciding whether to detail them with each character's logo or just go with the red paint scheme as seen on the hexadome board. I have already detached the miniatures from their bases. They were harder to remove compared to Rail Raiders miniatures.

While I won't be working on them at first, I plan to maketerrain pieces to represent both the walls printed on the board and the obstacle tokens.

No comments:

Post a Comment