Thursday, August 31, 2017

My Hobby and Blog in the Summer 2017

One of the clay projects I worked
with my nephews and nieces.
During the summer, I spent the majority of my time with my nieces and nephews. We played mostly Pokémon TCG and Dungeons & Dragons Wrath of Ashardalon. We have failed three times (and counting still) in trying to save the villagers! In addition, we worked on individualized clay projects creating an Asian dragon, a dog, police badge, penguin, and a Pikachu. I found a lot of fun and satisfaction from both working with them on their projects and organizing leagues and campaigns for their games. For a while now and continuing into the future, the direction of this blog have been toward games that the younger audience would enjoy.

This means my current hobby goals are to finish up the adventurers from Wrath of Ashardalon and to paint the Rail Raiders Infinite game-a space western themed chibi miniatures game.

Rail Raiders Infinite is the latest Kickstarter that have started to ship pledges to backers. Earlier this summer, Reaper Bones 3 fulfilled my pledge. Now, there is a Reaper Bones 4 on Kickstarter that I intend to back. I also backed Mantic's Terrain Crate.
I have now backed over 15 products through Kickstarter; however, the two games I am very excited to play are not Kickstarter Projects. They are Games Workshop's Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire and Corvus Belli's Aristeia! On the outset these two games share similar traits. Both are competitive games using a small number of miniatures, dice, and cards. Both are coming out by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment