Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Hobby and Blog in October 2016

Rollo from Relic Knights placed among a pile of stamped terrain bases.
The last two months I have collected and invested into many different games and miniature lines such as Guild Ball and Shadows of Brimstone. I also did a lot of work on various projects, but so far I have not completed anyone of those items I worked on. I know I am spreading myself thin, but it is my hobby that I do on my spare time and I am enjoying working on different things. If it means things will not get completed as fast, so be it! As stated in my previous monthly post, I want to paint at least one miniature for each game system and miniature line. To get that going, I started a new Projects page to organize the various planned projects. Even if the projects will not be worked on for a while, it gives me at least a starting page to plan things out.

Kickstarters


As of today, I have supported 8 Kickstarters during their campaign run and 2 Kickstarters post campaign. A quick rundown on the progress of these Kickstarters:

Supported Kickstarters during Campaign


  • Mojo Modular Tray System - campaign still in progress; organizer suggest early pledges to be fulfilled by the end of the year.
  • Blackwater Gulch Second Edition - campaing recently ended, estimated delivery June 2017 ; according to the organizer, the date stated was to give them extra time to meet the expected delivery date.
  • Siege of the Citadel Second Edition - campaign recently ended, estimated delivery October 2017. Looking at the organizer's other projects, it most likely will take later than the suggested delivery date.
  • Tablescapes Dungeons - Modular RPG Dungeon Tiles - pledge manager opened with estimated delivery September 2017.
  • Rum & Bones: Second Edition - pledge manager ended with estimated delivery in January 2017. As far as kickstarters, this one seems mostly on schedule.
  • Rail Raiders Infinite - estimated delivery of October 2016 have been moved several months up.
  • Super Dungeon Explore: Legends - due to many changes in playtesting, Ninja Division have decided to break the shipping of the products into two waves without
  • Corvus Belli's Infinity Roleplaying Game - the core book was mentioned to be completed in December 2015 and still have not been completed. It is unclear when all the books will be completed. I have received a portion of the dices and miniatures that I have pledged.

Supported Kickstarters post Campaign


  • Reaper Miniatures Bones 3 - end of the year was the estimate but it has been delayed to sometime next year
  • Happy Seppuku 2015 Stampede - I recieved all the stamps from this Kickstarter.

So of the 10 Kickstarters, I have received everything from only one Kickstarter and just a portion of my pledge from another one. Four of the Kickstarters appear to be far behind schedule, while four of the other Kickstarters are more recent pledges. With so many projects backing, I am hesitant to back future Kickstarters. Two that were of interest at the end of this year:

Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress - an East Asian theme version of the Shadows of Brimstone weird west. I was interested in expanding on the Shadows of Brimstone game, but I don't think I want one of everything like I did with other game products. In addition, there is still a large amount of  the original Shadows of Brimstone product line that has not been released. It is highly unlikely I will be supporting this project.

Relic Knights: Void Break - a kickstarter for a starter box set for the game and also advances the story was announced for November 2016. I was very interested in this kickstarter, but since the annoucement in early September, I have not heard of anything about it. The lack of information dampens my interest in supporting the kickstarter and use the money I saved for other game products.


November Wishlist

October 2016 Releases
For Infiinty, the Wu Ming Heavy Rocket Launcher and Acontecimento Shock Army Starter Pack are immediate buys with the Suryat Assault Heavy Infantry and Al Fasid are later purchases when on sale.

Ripples of Fate for Malifaux introduced the wave 4 units. I am hoping that they will have those GenCon products available during Black Friday as I want to get all 6 new masters.

Other interests are the Guild Ball 2 player starter set Kick Off! This would start Season 3 and seems to be one of the best valued starter box for table top miniature game. The board and Season 3 rulebook are what I want the most from the boxed game.

Knight Models Suicide Squad starter set for the Batman Miniature Game is also of huge interest to me. The more I researched on the Batman Miniature Game, not only is it a superhero game but it also seem to have a gang skirmish in a contemporary world setting aspect that I was looking for. Pictures were leaked showing what appears to be a DC Universe Miniature Game with models based on the Batman v Superman movie. If they make the game to be compatible with the Marvel Universe Miniature Game, it becomes a must buy for me.

That is enough rambling for the end of October. Onwards to November!

No comments:

Post a Comment