Wednesday, November 30, 2016

My Hobby and Blog in November 2016

DC and Marvel characters collide in Knight Models' Super Hero Universe Miniature Game.
For the month of November, I have spent most of my hobby time on Malifaux, clipping the plastic parts off from the sprues. The rest of this post are comments on some of the games and miniatures of interest to me.

First up is the official announcement by Knight Models of the DC Universe Miniature Game. The game is fully compatible with the Marvel Universe Miniature Game. Even the rule books are basically copy pasted versions of each other. This really makes the game line more enticing as it increases the number and variety of super heroes and villains playable within the game. I also decided to plunge into the other game made by Knight Models. Batman Miniature Game, using the Suicide Squad box set as my starting point.

November 2016 Infinity releases
For Infinity, the must-buys for me are the Dire Foes Miision Pack 6: Defiant Truth and additional Kaauri Sentinels. Marauders box set is something I would like to get in the future. It looks like a new Bakunin Sectorial starter is being made to replace the old starter pack.

For Guild Ball, I have collected all the regular models up to Season 2. The only exceptions are the veteran models which I plan to purchase by the end of the year. During the Thanksgiving weekend, Steamforged Games held their convention, making several important annoucments, including that the Farmer's Guild and products after April 2017 will be made with plastic instead of metal.
Upcoming war skirmish game within the Malifaux setting

Wyrd Black Friday sale, allowed me to complete my collection of all the master crwes and grab some special edition models. This week, it was announced that The Other Side miniature game will be on Kickstarter in mid December.

Speaking of Kickstarters, two games have gotten my interest. First is Monlolith Board Games' Mythic Battles: Pantheon. This is a compettiive 2-4 player game of weakened Greek Gods and Titans fighting to become the new rulers of the land. It contains a variety of miniatures that could be used not only for the board game, but also astral and primordial beings in a Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game.
The second Kickstarter I had pledged in November is Way of the Fighters by Ninja Division. This is a card and dice based game inspired by 2D fighting games with standees or miniatures to represent the fighters. Not only are the stretch goals for this campaign are for the fighting game, there are couple stretch goals to draw in the Super Dungeon fans to pledge for this new game line.

That is it for November!

No comments:

Post a Comment