Monday, February 29, 2016

My Hobby and Blog in February 2016

hi photo 409434711_7c32198636_o.gifGoing to get this posted just before the end of February 2016! I want this blog to chronicle everything I have done, so that I can see my own progress and review my hobby work. It has been moving slowly and I am still playing catch-up on bringing my blog to what I want it to be. As of right now I have over 50 drafts of blog posts. Some of these blog posts contain notes for other sections that have not been added to the blog's main tabs: narrative, projects, and games. My immediate goal is to transcribe my handwritten notes from my hobby journal onto this blog. So by the end of March, I hope to have all the archive pages for Pre-2015 completed figures and terrains.

Collecting Classic Warhammer Fantasy miniatures

Barring new releases in the future, I have gotten everything that I want for classic Warhammer Fantasy armies. For those armies I may in the future try to bulk up on the core infantry; however, with the coming of Age of Sigmar, I am less incline to buy multiple boxes of a product to make the same miniatures.

Age of Sigmar: Playing Games of Your Own Devising

Looking through the ongoing narrative campaign books, a direction I believe Games Workshop is trying to go with Age of Sigmar is presented below:

"The rules and scenarios give you a framework to make this tale your own--an example that will better enable you to tell your own stories using your collection of Citadel miniatures, and recreate events or fight glorious battles of your own devising." - Page 6, Balance of Powers

Collecting other Soda Pop Miniatures

The miniatures in Super Dungeon Explore piqued my interest about the company that produced them. It led me to discover other games and the upcoming Kickstarter project that uses similar models--Ninja All Stars and Rail Raiders. As there appears to be cross-game miniature compatibility, I am looking not only to collect Super Dungeon Explore miniatures, but also Ninja All Stars and Rail Raiders.

Modular Gaming Boards

After seeing Games Workshop's Realm of Battle Board, I knew that I want to get a modular gaming board. I learned this month about Secret Weapon Miniatures' Tablescape Tiles and really liked the modularity and detail of the 1 square foot tiles produced. Due to space constraint, I don't think I will be purchasing a 6 x 4 feet worth of tiles (24) anytime soon; however, I likely will purchase boxes with 4 tiles plus a display frame border to see the quality of the product in person before plunging a large sum of money on modular gaming boards. It is on my wish list to get a full gaming board worth of Urban Streets (Clean), Rolling Fields, and Forgotten Cities tiles.

Magnetizing Bases of Figures in Zombicide


I have been looking for options on magnetizing the thin bases for Zombicide. I decided to use a 1.90 mm Drill by P3 to make a small hole, deep enough to fit a 0,8 mm thick disc magnet with a 1.6 mm diameter, but not too deep where the drill pokes out of the other side. The disc magnet with a N40 rating was able to keep walker and fatty from falling off the metal sheet when placed up-side down. I likely would need two of these for the abominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment