Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Hobby and Blog in October 2015

hi photo 409434711_7c32198636_o.gifIt has been almost two months since I started this blog. Since then, I painted miniatures that I had started work on 5 years ago and also on new miniatures. In total, I have finished 17 models and I am quite happy with my progress. I am currently working on the Imperial Mighty Cannon from the 1990's Battle Masters board game.  Completing that would finish all the Imperial Army miniatures. I am going to slow down a bit on the hobby side in the upcoming months. So I think this is a good time to reflect on the hobby and my immediate plans.

What's Next?

After the cannon, the next group of miniatures to be painted will be the Battle Masters' Chaos Army. That army have 60 models that can be used in a Warhammer Orcs and Goblins, Beastmen, Warriors of Chaos, or Ogre Kingdoms army. That is a considerable amount of miniatures and I most likely want to work on a smaller group of miniatures in between completing the Chaos Army units. For possible side projects, Wrath of Ashardalon heroes is on the top of the list. After that I am not sure what I want to work on. Possible projects include:

  • Wrath of Ashardalon Heroes - 5 miniatures
  • Other Dungeons & Dragons Heroes or Monster sets
  • Mouslings - Reaper miniatures, plastic and metal
  • Heraldic Knights - Reaper miniatures, 7
  • HeroQuest Villains and Monsters - leaning toward this being the next big group of miniatures after Battle Masters' miniatures are completed
  • Space Wolf Grey Hunters - ~10  miniatures
  • Medieval Town - buildings for the New Kingsborough town setting
  • Medieval Village - buildings for the village of Hilvin setting (where the Hilvin Guild for Adventurers is established)
  • Random Miniature/Terrain/Accessory

Games and Collection

My return to the hobby and desire to have classic fantasy armies built, led me to purchase many miniatures from Games Workshop (most of the miniatures), Perry, Foundry, and Avatars of War. Reading and listening to the various war gaming websites introduced me to Corvus Belli's game Infinity. I found the setting to be very refreshing, and have committed myself to both the skirmish and upcoming RPG game.

I have been playing Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft with my nephews and nieces, Its very enjoyable and teaches the kids to cooperate with each other. I have been trying to create a narrative involving the miniatures and games we played together. I would love to be able to play role playing games with them as they get older. I also got to play Warhammer Age of Sigmar several times in an escalation league. I went into it totally blind and found it very unforgiving! I want to take time to analyze the game, but not sure if I have the time. There is over 400 pages of warscrolls and many battle plans to go over!
 400 pages of Age of Sigmar warscrolls for the classic fantasy models.

Blog

The blog is slowly taking the shape that I wanted it to be. There is now a Workshop and Archives pages. I have at least two more pages I want to make, a Projects and a Narrative page. The former helps me organize/summarize small project goals and the latter to build on the world settings for my miniature games. Since I plan to slow down on the hobby side for a while, this would be a good time to catch up on the Archives and Project posts for the blog of all my past works.

No comments:

Post a Comment